Our Medical Advisory Board is comprised of leading physicians, dentists and ophthalmologists who will monitor Sjögren’s related legislation, direct professional educational programs and research into Sjögren’s, and foster a supportive community for researchers.
The Medical Advisory Board is responsible for promoting the proper understanding of Sjögren’s, monitoring medical and scientific progress in Sjögren’s and advising the Sjögren’s Society of Canada Board of Directors on all scientific and medical matters. It recommends the scientific and research goals of the Society.
- Chairperson: Arthur Bookman, MD, FRCP
- Izchak Barzilay, D.D.S., Cert.Prostho., M.S., FRCD(C)
- Barbara Caffery, M.S., O.D., F.A.A.O
- Miriam Grushka, MSc, D.D.S., PhD
- Leslie P. Laing, B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc., Ph.D., D.D.S., M.Sc. (Prosthodontics), FRCD(C)
- Shalu Pal, O.D., F.A.A.O., F.S.L.S
- Rookaya Mather, MD, FRCSC
- C. Lisa Prokopich, O.D., MSc
- Allan Slomovic, M.A., MD, FRCSC