The Sjögren’s Society of Canada (SjSC) is looking for enthusiastic people interested in, and qualified for, service on the SjSC Board of Directors for current and future positions of Director. The SjSC is a national not-for-profit organization determined to improve conditions for, and the lives of, people with Sjögren’s Syndrome. SjSC’s mandate is to provide patient support and education; increase professional and public awareness; support and raise funds for Sjögren’s related medical research and a cure. We are seeking diverse, action-oriented and community minded people who will bring their enthusiasm and area of expertise to our well-established board in a period of transition.
Board members are responsible for acting in the best long-term interests, mission and values of the organization and will bring to the task of informed decision-making a broad knowledge and an inclusive perspective.
Preferred candidates will:
- Have experience in one or more of the following areas: health, education, board governance, financial management, human resources, communications or marketing.
- Bring an understanding of charitable and not-for-profit organizations; prior board experience preferred.
- Be committed to serving a 2 year term.
- Have knowledge of the community and a commitment to the SjSC’s mission and strategic directions.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented, entrepreneurial, self-starters & excellent communicators
- Over the age of 18.
Directors are expected to commit the necessary time to fulfill their duties on the board and board sub- committees, including attending board meetings, the Annual General Meeting and other special meetings such as the Annual National Conference.
- Attendance at 6-8 board meetings annually held by conference call and at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Volunteer for at least one working committee of the board.
- Be prepared for meetings by reviewing all board materials distributed in advance.
- Contribute to, support and promote the fund development initiatives of SjSC.
- Identify and aid in recruiting prospective board members.
- This is a volunteer position.
Please forward covering letter outlining interest in this position and experience along with your resume no later than Friday, March 31, 2017 to:
SJÖGREN’S SOCIETY OF CANADA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject line: Board of Directors
Or by mail to: 304-31 Mechanic Street, Paris, ON N3L 1K1