Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
*Servings: 4 (one-half avocado and one egg)
- 2 avocados cut, halved with some of the centers spooned out. Large avocados work better, but whatever is accessible to you works just as well.
- 4 eggs
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp feta cheese, grated
- Paprika, dried basil, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Fill each avocado half with an egg. It’s easier to pour the eggs in a medium bowl and scoop out the egg yolks to put in the avocados.
- Add green onions, paprika, salt, pepper, dried basil and drizzle with EVOO
- ️Bake in a preheated oven at 425 °F for 15 to 20 mins, more or less based on your doneness preference.
- Add feta cheese and serve immediately.
✔ I find this recipe a very satisfying breakfast that keeps you full until lunchtime. I enjoyed it with a slice of whole-grain and gluten-free toast and Kalamata olives.
- recipe courtesy of Cristina Montoya, www.arthritisdietitian.com/