Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach, feta & roasted red peppers
4 Chicken Breasts
1 lb. Fresh Spinach
1 12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers
3 cloves of crushed garlic
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 TBSP olive oil
• Preheat oven 375 degrees.
• Clean and butterfly chicken breasts. Set aside.
• Soak spinach in bowl of cold water for a few minutes so any sand settles to the bottom of the bowl. Remove and give one final rinse. Coarsely chop spinach.
• Drain red peppers. Coarsely chop and set aside.
• On medium heat, heat pan on stove top. Coat the bottom of pan with olive oil. Add crushed garlic and spinach. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and fresh cracked pepper. Saute for a few minutes until slightly wilted. Add chopped red pepper and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and set aside.
• Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts on tray. Top each piece of butterflied chicken with spinach mixture. Top each breast with ¼ feta cheese.
• Close each breast by using a skewer to keep it together. Season top with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
• Bake for 30 minutes at 375°.