Banana Blueberry Muffins
¼ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
1 cup blueberries, washed
- Line a muffin tin with muffin tin liners then set aside for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil. Once mixed, beat in the eggs. Finally, add the mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and then pour in the liquid mixture.
- Mix until just combined. Some lumps and pockets of flour will remain, and that’s okay! You don’t want to over mix, as this will lead to tough muffins.
- Next, add the blueberries and the milk to the batter and carefully fold in.
- Your batter is now ready to go! Portion the batter into the individual muffin tin slots.
- Once the muffin batter is portioned, pop the muffin tin into the preheated oven. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden and they spring back when you touch them.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container on your counter for up to 5 days.