Souvlaki Paneer Kabobs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 piece of Paneer, about 12 oz, cut into bite-sized squares (approx. 28 cubes)
- 1 small red onion, quartered, segments separated
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- ·1 small zucchini, thickly sliced
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to avoid burning.
2. Preheat oven at 425 °F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, yogurt, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic. Set aside.
4. Kebabs: Arrange paneer and vegetables onto the skewers. Each skewer should have between 3 and 4 pieces of paneer alternating with assorted vegetables.
5. Place kebabs on the baking sheet and coat them generously with the dressing.
6. Roast for about 12-15 minutes or until cheese starts melting.
✔ Kebab skewers can be made ahead of time. Coat the kebabs with dressing and place them in the fridge for one hour before cooking to let the flavours soak into the vegetables and paneer.
✔ Grill it up! These kebabs can also be cooked on the barbeque. Preheat a greased grill to medium-high heat. Grill kebabs for 12-15 minutes, turning every 3 minutes.
✔ Serve with tzatziki sauce to add a tangy flavour.
✔ Kebabs are a great way to use up any vegetables in the fridge before they spoil.
*recipe courtesy of www.arthritisdietitian.com