Turmeric Tea Recipe (How to Make Golden Milk)
Turmeric tea (also called golden milk) is a great way to get the benefits of turmeric daily. Find out how to make this ancient health boosting drink in under 5 minutes!
- 2 cups milk of choice such as almond, pecan, coconut, or dairy, or use bone broth in place of the milk for a more hearty tea
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ground black pepper
- tiny piece of fresh peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup or to taste optional
- Blend all ingredients, except pepper, in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Add the pepper, stir to combine. Drink immediately.
- This may stain blenders and countertops. The color will eventually fade, but making a thick paste of baking soda and water and scrubbing the stain can help.
- Recipe can be halved or doubled if needed