Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium zucchini ends trimmed
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup frozen edamame cooked (as per package instructions)
- 3 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- Fresh oregano, parsley, and basil to taste (optional)
- Feta cheese (to taste)
- Using a spiralizer, cut the zucchini into thin spaghetti-like strands. Trim the strands into bite-size lengths, about 8-inches long and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add diced avocado, olives, edamame, green onions, and herbs to the work bowl. Mix in the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese to taste.
- Serve immediately!
✔ Pre-spiralized zucchini can be found in most major grocery stores.
✔ You may serve it as a side dish, an appetizer, or a main meal.
✔ Store in refrigerator up to one day only. Avocado and zucchini tend to oxidate and darken with exposure to light.
*recipe courtesy of Cristina Montoya, Registered Dietitian, www.arthritisdietitian.com/