- 1 cup all purpose flour (or a gluten free flour blend)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder (or gluten free baking powder)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup butter (or any dairy free spread)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup strawberry, puree (may use fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup apples, pureed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a bread loaf pan using a vegetable oil spray or PAM baking spray.
- Remove the stems of the strawberries and cut them in half. You may also use frozen strawberries, especially in the winter time. Puree the strawberries in a food processor.
- Peel the apples using a vegetable peeler with a larger grip for your comfort. Cut the apple into quarters, cut out the core and puree them in food processor.
- In a large bowl, cream butter (or dairy free spread) and sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined. Add one egg at a time to the mixture until combined.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until fully combined
- Add the strawberry puree, apple puree and coconut yogurt to the cake batter. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into greased pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Check your bread because all ovens are different. Use a toothpick to check if the centre is done.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Store in air-tight container, refrigerate and eat bread within a week.
- Store in air-tight container and freeze up to 2-3 months.
- Toast a slice of bread in a toaster oven and add butter or a vegetable spread. Enjoy it with your favourite cup of tea.
*article courtesy of www.arthritisdietitian.com