Crispy, Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 19 oz (60 ml) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coarse salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, oil, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring once or twice until golden.
- Season with extra salt as needed and serve immediately. Makes about 2 cups.